Housing Bubble: A market condition created through excessive home buying, and an unfounded run-up in prices occurs. Homes become too overpriced for new buyers and eventually the bubble pops and housing prices fall.
Quotes about Housing Mania:
- Never underestimate the stupidity of the general population.
- People prey on mathematically challenged people.
- The smart money makes the money that the dumb money lose.
- A bubble wouldn't exist if there weren't plenty of persuasive theories to justify the high prices.
- It absolutlely stuns me how so many otherwise inteligent people can be so stupid about real estate.
- The general public is always on the wrong side of the market at important turning points.
- The real estate bubble had to end with a bang, otherwise everyone would be able to get out with their profits - which is literally impossible.
- Once again large segments of the population have come to believe that they have found the way to unending wealth by doing little or no real work.
- "I can calculate the motions of heavily bodies, but not the madness of people" -- Issac Newton
- 90% of our population does no thinking of their own, they believe what they hear either from friends and family or the media.
- What the wise do early, the foolish do late.
- "Many in California have reached the dream of living in a million-dollar home without moving." -- Appleton-Young.
- Capitalism by nature redistributes money upward not downward. It does not allow the masses to win.
- The psychology of the masses determines tops and bottoms of the market.
- Anything that generates a commission is a good investment strategy.
- The market does not care if you are making a profit or not. That is your own problem.
- Equity is an opinion but debt is real.